Sonntag, 18. November 2012

Two cakes

One, two, three Birthday buiscuit


The dough:

3 eggs
60 g sugar
90 g flour (or 70 g flour & 20 g cocoa powder)
1 tsp. baking soda

Stir together and bake by 250°C

The decoration

Because I did the version with the cocoa and the cake was therefor very chocolaty I decided to put some cherrys and vanilla creme on the cake. Make sure you have enough time for the creme to set. I did the whole cake the evening before I planned to serve it. 1 hour before I served it I sprinkeld some cocoa powder and sugar sprinkels all over it to make it look playful and ready for the birthday party.



The Beet Cake



I know ''BEET CAKE''???????? But trust me its super duper tasty and so easy to make. I found the recipe on vimeo. A very beautiful video.

 Link::::
Beet Cake

The dough:

2 cups beet (shredded and precooked)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 semi sweet chocolate bar (melted)
1/4 tesp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup butter
3 eggs

Stir together and bake by 375° ( I baked on 220° C and it was pretty well, because I think the video is reffering to Farenheit)


The Frosting:

I did a frosting thoug it isn`t mentioned in the video.

3 sp. pickeld beet water 
2 sp. butter
2 sp. sugar
3 sp. cream cheese

melt the butter and stir very well with the other inridients until it is a well set almost firm and pinkish cream. Do the frosting. Add sprinkels if you like.

Enjoy your meal





3 Kommentare:

  1. Jammie! Da wird sich der und die Beschenkte ja gefreut haben :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Sehen lecker aus :D
    Bin leider zur Zeit so mit der Weihnachtsbäckerei beschäftigt, dass ich es gar nicht schaffe einen Kuchen zu backen x.x

    AntwortenLöschen